WSET Level 2 in Amsterdam - Wine Course in English
About the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines course at the Eleanor Wine Academy
- Course, study material and exam in English only
- 6 classes of 3 hours + 1h exam + 11hours of self-study
- Wine samples in line with the WSET Quality Standards -after each class, students always receive the list of the wines tasted with details on quality level & price
- Certified WSET Educators eager to share their international experience in the different segments of the wine industry: Winemaking, Academia, Import, Horeca
- Small groups of max 12 students to guarantee you an intimate learning experience
- International and cozy learning environment. Wine is convivial-Connect and share your passion with fellow wine students!
About the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines Course Content
The WSET 2 Award in Wines is an intermediate level qualification that meets the needs of students looking for expanding their knowledge of wine styles, grape varieties and wine regions popular worldwide. Throughout the course you will:
- Discover the natural factors influencing the style of wines
- Explore the principal viticulture and winemaking practises (e.g. oak and/or bottle ageing) and how these impact the style of wines
- Analyse (and taste!) the characteristics of the main grape varieties and how these differ by wine region
- Become familiar with labelling terms and wine classification systems
- Master your wine tasting skills and learn to describe wines professionally according to the WSET2 Systematic Approach to Tasting.
- Learn how to store, serve and match wines as a professional
About the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines Exam
The WSET2 Award in Wines exam is a test of 50 Multiple Choice Questions to be completed within 1 hour in person. The Minimum Passing Mark is 55%. Based on the % of correct answers, students can expect the following results, which will be printed on their official WSET Level 2 Award in Wines Certificate:
- 85% or above "Pass with Distinction"
- 70% - 84% "Pass with Merit"
- 55% - 69% "Pass"
About the Wine Samples tasted in the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines course at the Eleanor Wine Academy
All wines that we use in our classes are officially approved by the WSET as a benchmark wine samples for the grape variety, quality level and/or wine region they represent. After each class, students always receive the list of the wines tasted with details on producers name, quality level & price. On average, expect to taste 6 wines (or more) per class.
About the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines course fee at the Eleanor Wine Academy
The price includes all the wines tasted, tutored classes, study pack, exam, and if successfully completed, you will receive the official WSET L2 certificate and a lapel pin!
About the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines Entry Requirements:
- There are no mandatory entry requirements for this course.
- It is recommended that you attended the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines course (or similar) and/ or you have a basic level of knowledge or experience in tasting wines.
- Please, read carefully the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines specification document before the start of the course
- This wine course is confirmed with a minimum of 4 participants
An extremely interesting and interactive experience done by people who enjoy the art of wine.
I am very satisfied. I took only part to the exam but I find everything likable. I recommend this school!
The teacher has very good teaching skills. 3 hours learning about wines feel like 10 minutes.
Top Class! The course is very interesting and interactive. I recommend!
I applied from Japan, was able to take all coursework online, and when I arrived in Amsterdam was able to go straight into my exam.
Fun, and gives a new perspective on wine.
Well structured, very professional, friendly, felt like I learned a lot.
Broaden my wine knowledge and strengthen my appreciation of wine (and its origin).
Thank you for the great course!!!
Nothing to change, everything is good!
Very well organized and good material.
It was fun and interesting.
Everything has been as good as I expected, I have learned a lot! The teacher, Vittoria is great. I'm looking forward to taking next level 2.
I really enjoyed Level 2 course. Didn't expect it to be so detailed and professional, very glad I chose this school for the course.