Let’s end this week by celebrating, the love we all have for WINE of course!
And what better way than to share with you the recipe for an unusual cocktail: the love potion.
The origins of this cocktail are rather vague, but one thing is certain: it will make your heart or that of your beloved capsized. An ideal recipe for a first date 😉
For this recipe you will need a sweet white wine. Alsace medium sweet Gewürztraminer will be perfect or a Sauternes or a Coteaux du Layon
The recipe below:
– 10 g cinnamon stick
– 5 g of green cardamom
– 1 black pepper
– 1 clove
-10 g ginger root
-1 vanilla pod
– 1 bottle of sweet white wine
– 100 g honey
– Crush 10 g of cinnamon stick, 5 g of green cardamom, 1 black pepper and 1 clove in a mortar
– Peel and chop 10 g of ginger root.
– Split 1 vanilla pod.
– Bring 1 bottle of sweet white wine to the boil with 100 g of honey, then, off the heat, infuse the spices, vanilla and ginger.
– Allow the infusion to cool before straining it through a fine cheesecloth and pouring it into a bottle.
– Store in the fridge for at least 24 hours before serving, garnish with a slice of lemon and a sprig of rosemary